Astro-Med, Inc. is seeking to fill a full-time position, in our Plant I Shipping and Receiving Department.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Confirms method of shipment listed on each order, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Assembles cardboard containers and selects preassembled forms.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding as needed.
- Binds containers using strapping machine as needed.
- Uses our automated JDE system to posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment.
- The ideal candidate m ust have good organizational skills with at least two years of shipping experience.
- A working knowledge of International Shipping and Clippership are essential.
QuickLabel Systems is an Astro-Med, Inc brand. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes salary, medical/dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, employee stock purchase plan, educational assistance and more.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail a resume to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8723311
Astro-Med, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V.